The SUID registry brings together the referral centers spread throughout the French territory.
What is a center of reference?
In France, a ministerial circular of March 14, 1986 defined regional referral centers within university hospital centers. Their missions :
- to take charge, in an adapted hospital structure, of children who have died of sudden unexpected death;
- carry out the necessary investigations to establish the cause of death
- to welcome the families and ensure their follow-up;
- to set up and organize research and teaching in this field;
- organize prevention and information activities.
In order to facilitate the follow-up of families, many peripheral care centers work in collaboration with these reference centers.